Vacancy: Position of Shipping and Logistics officer
The Anglican Church of Melanesia is looking for a shipping and logistics officer. The officer is expected to provide effective and efficient management of the ACOM Shipping and Logistical support to ACOM’s flagship Southern Cross and ACOM PHQ logistics operations and administration. This is a senior role with the following primary roles:
- Ensure that MV Southern Cross is well maintained to SIG Marine/SIMA safety standards in terms of survey domestic and international requirements.
- Ensure that all safety requirements such as certifications, identifications, etc. are fully complied as per ACOM requirements and SIMA and government regulations
- Supervise the work of ship’s officers and engineers
- Ensuring the ship is manned by appropriate crew
- Oversees the maintenance and repairs of the ship and ensuring it is in good condition
- Oversees the welfare of floating staff
- Negotiating charters of private boats when the ACOM ship is unavailable
- Provide administration support to the flagship, Southern Cross.
- Organize appropriate insurance of vehicles and ship
- Manage the scheduling of the ACOM ship
- Arrange for Southern Cross refueling and lubricant, water, ration and other materials as may be required.
- Doing the general procurement of materials/equipment requested from time to time for the SX
- Prepare passenger manifest before ship sails
- Respond to public enquiries/requests for the flagship.
- Manage the ACOM vehicle fleet
- Procurement of new vehicles for ACOM and delivery to respective activity centres
- To supervise the organizing of Customs Clearance for ACOM PHQ etc…
- To be responsible for scheduling and organizing drivers at the ACOM PHQ on a daily basis.
- Manage logistics services for ACOM
- To ensure officers requesting official use of the vehicle during working hours book and properly complete the vehicle movement register and forwarded to the Driver and logistics officer.
- To supervise and monitor the daily mail runs to the Post Office and elsewhere are done regularly.
- Have relevant expertise in engineering (Minimum of a Class 4 engineer) with 5 years’ experience or a class five with a minimum of 8 years working experience in a related area).
- Highly self-motivated with effective organisational skills and the management of shipping and logistics services
- Demonstrate good and effective organizational skills
- Have a good knowledge of commercial and Mission awareness of ACOM as an organization
- Demonstrate proven experience of working in a busy, multifunctional role.
- Be very well organized, efficient and detail conscious.
- Ability to form working relationships with people at all levels. Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Have effective oral, written and listening skills.
- Resilient with “a can-do attitude”.
- Effective relationship building and diplomacy skills with staff
Attractive remuneration and other conditions of service will be offered according to the ACOM’s Guidelines of service for Lay Employees.
The application must have the following requirements:
- A cover letter explaining why you are most suitable candidate for the position you are applying for.
- Your most recent up-to-date CV
- Certified copies of certificates and academic transcripts certificates;
- Two (2) referees one work related and one character referee
Addressed as follows:
Shipping and Logistics Officer
The Human Resources Manager
Anglican Church of Melanesia
P O Box 19, Honiara, Solomon Islands
Applications must be received no later than 10th November 2023 at 4:30pm
Enquiries can be made to: Human Resources Manager: email@example.com or Phone 21892