VACANCY NOTICE: ASSISTANT INTERNAL AUDITOR
ACOM is seeking suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the position of Assistant Internal Auditor currently vacant. This is a senior position which demands effective leadership and commitment.
The successful person will be responsible to the General Secretary through the Internal Auditor.
- To undertake regular checks on the internal controls and administrative systems of dioceses, institutions and the PHQ departments and report on the effectiveness of these measures.
- To make recommendations on measures to strengthen identified weaknesses in the internal controls systems.
- To undertake investigations on reported cases of potential fraudulent behaviour by employees of the Church.
- To undertake value for money audits on the performance of Church Activity Centres
- To undertake on the spot checks on Church employees and offices.
- To provide on the job training for finance officers to improve their capacity to carry out their roles
- To assist activity centres prepare their financial; statements and reports if required
- To undertake any other tasks that may be reasonably requested by the General Secretary from time to time.
Qualification and experience:
- A minimum of Degree in Accounting or finance or a related technical discipline
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as an auditor or any accounting roles
- Strong results orientation
- Be able to work with minimal supervision;
- Be a team player.
All applications must have a cover letter explaining why you are the most suitable candidate for the position as advertised. Please include a most up-to-date CV, certified copies of certificates and academic transcripts with two referees contacts, one work related and one character referee and clearly addressed as follows:
Position of Assistant Internal Auditor
Attention: Human Resources Manager,
ACOM PHQ, P.O. Box 19, Honiara.
For further information contact the Human Resources Manager on phone 21892 or email: email@example.com
The closing date for all applications to reach ACOM PHQ is 10th November 2023 at 4.30 pm.