COMMUNITY OF THE SISTERS OF THE CHURCH (CSC)
The Community of the Sisters of the Church (CSC) Worldwide was founded by Emily Ayckbowm in 1870. The community consists of lay and ordained women within the Anglican Communion.
Later in around 1900s, the Province of Melanesia sees it fit for the community to be established in the Province. In 1969 on the Christmas Eve three (3) Sisters namely; Sr. Berol (England), Sr. Helen (Canada) and Sr. Frances (Australia) arrived by ship following invitation from the first Archbishop of Melanesia. The work of the community began in 1970 in Melanesia which was later established a province of its own in 2001.
The members of the community are to be faithful to the gospel values of Poverty Life in their mission and ministry.
The community’s patron is St Michael and the Angels held on the 29th of September.
The Eucharist and Divine Office (usually fourfold) are the heart of the Community life.
The community currently has households in: the Diocese of Ysabel (DOY), Diocese of Hanuato’o (DOH), Diocese of Malaita (DOM), Diocese of Temotu (DOT) and in the Diocese of Central Melanesia and the Diocese of Guadalcanal.
The Bishop Visitor of the community is the Senior Bishop of the Church, the Rt. Rev. Nathan Tome – Bishop of Guadalcanal.
More about the community do contact:
Rev. Sr. Veronica Vasethe – Provincial Sister
Sr. Emily Mary – Assistant Provincial
P O Box 510
Phone: (677) 22413/ 27582
Information provided by: Sr. Phyllis Sau
Six Postulants and one Novice were officially admitted into the Community of the Sisters of the Church (CSC) at Tetete Ni Kolivuti (TNK), east of
The Sisters of the Church have officially blessed a permanent building at Kolohavi, St Scholastica’s House in the Diocese of Ysabel on 10th September 2023.