The Diocese of Hanuato’o (Makira Ulawa Province) is seeking applications from suitably qualified and experienced people to fill the position of Treasurer in the Diocese.
The position has the overall responsibility for Diocesan finances in the property receipting, custody and disbursement of Diocesan Money.
The primary duties of the position are as follows:
The position will be responsible to the Diocesan Secretary and would undertake the roles and responsibilities as outlined below;
- To effectively manage all accounting procedures and records of the Diocese,
- Ensure monthly Financial Reports are readily made available to the Diocesan Bishop and the Diocesan Secretary at the end of month,
- To ensure proper handling and recording of money received or paid off in the Cash Book on daily basis,
- Ensure all money received are banked on daily basis,
- Reports on the Expenditure of Monthly Grants must be available to the Diocesan Bishop, Diocesan Secretary and or the General Secretary of the Anglican Church of Melanesia on monthly basis,
- Ensure all payments made are verified by the Diocesan Secretary,
- To prepare on timely basis payroll, payment of PAYE Taxes and NPF contributions on behalf of all employees,
- To ensure Diocesan Assets Inventory are regularly checked and updated
- To assist in the Financial Management and Financial Reporting of the Diocesan Business Arm.
- To control Diocesan Projects fundings and ensure to provide financial reports of progressing and completed projects.
- Prepare to carry out other duties directed by the Diocesan Secretary and as outlined in the Financial Instruction Manual of the Anglican Church of Melanesia.
Qualification and Experience:
- Applicants must have a minimum of a Certificate or Diploma in Business Finance from SICHE/SINU or any other recognized educational institution
- Not less than five (5) years working experience in any accounting environment in either public or private sector.
- Must be computer literate in packages such as Word, Excel and Microsoft applications – familiarity with the Attaché Accounting Package (would be an advantage).
- Uphold Christian values and principles and preferably a member of the Anglican Church of Melanesia
All applications must be accompanied by an up-to-date CV, certified copies of certificates, academic transcripts with names of two (2) referees and must addressed to:
The Diocesan Secretary, Dioceses of Hanuato’o Kirakira, Makira Province.
Interested applicants can obtain further information from the Diocesan Secretary on email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Tel: 50078
Applications can be hand delivered at the Diocese of Hanuato’o Office, Kirakira or emailed to: email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 31st December 2023.